iraq plastprintpack & iraq agrofood 2019: Broad interest and National Pavilions from around the globe
EUROMAP country cluster plastics confirms high double-digit annual growth for Iraq
It’s been only a few months, that fairtrade presented iraq plastprintpack for the first time. But already now a broad interest can be noticed, and that across all national borders.
Last but not least, the successful 45thSession of the BIF Baghdad International Fair from 10 to 19 November 2018, with 700+ exhibitors from 18 countries and tens of thousands of visitors, contributed to the increased perception of Iraq as one of the most important markets in the Middle East and to Baghdad as a safe venue. See here a video onBIF 2017 by AP Associated Press, the world's largest and oldest news agency.
iraq plastprintpack enjoys the strong support of the Ministry of Trade of Iraq and its subsidiary institutions, the State Company for Iraqi Fairs & Commercial Services and the Baghdad International Fair Ground.
The market: Iraq is one of the largest plastprintpack markets in the Middle East - still undersupplied. This requires massive investment. The EUROMAP-European Plastics and Rubber Machinery‘s country cluster clearly confirms high double-digit annual growth for Iraq between 2009 and 2018. The import of plastic raw materials showed an annual growth of 35%, the plastic consumption of 31%. For the coming years, imports of plastics, printing and packaging technology are expected to rise sharply in the context of the country‘s industrialization process.
iraq plastprintpack is to be held jointly with its partner event iraq agrofood at the Baghdad International Fair Ground.
Update on iraq plastprintpack & iraq agrofood 2019: National pavilions and individual exhibitors
- Austria – EREMA
- China – China Pavilion
- France – French Pavilion featuring Decopack, HTG, … organized by adepta - French Agrofood Association
- Germany – German Pavilion featuring GEA GRADE, Güntner, Rono, SMF, … Options taken by IPS, Krones, …
- India – India Pavilion featuring Samex, …
- Iran – Iranian Pavilion featuring Lakan Plastic, Merce Plast, Negin Khorak Pars, Padideh Pars, Parnian, Pasargad Polymer, Takzarf Plastic Industries, Zarrin Nylon Parsian…
- Iraq – Strong participation from all over Iraq
- Italy - Italian Pavilion featuring CFT, …
- Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia Pavilion
- Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka Tea Board
- Turkey – Turkish Pavilion featuring Altinbilek, Disan Hidrolik, Genc Degirmen, Opack Makina, Remak, Sezmak Makina, STK Makina, Thermonoks, Yemmak and many others
plastprintpack iraq on 15-17 April 2019 at the Baghdad International Fair Ground
Daily flights into Baghdad by Emirates, Gulf Air, British, Turkish and Qatar Airways,...
With plastprintpack iraq 2019, the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe now announce an important trade show for Iraq and invites all interested parties from the world over to participate. The new event aims to play its part in increasing Iraq's level of self-sufficiency. The development of a plastics, printing and packaging industry tailored to the needs of the country is an essential prerequisite for this.
plastprintpack iraq 2019 is the trade show for composites & plastics, printing and packaging technology, just like plast & printpack alger with 261 exhibitors from 24 countries for Algeria and the Maghreb, which has been extremely successful since 2008, and similar fairtrade events in sub-Saharan Africa.
Baghdad is easy to reach. Daily flights into Baghdad by Emirates, Gulf Air, Turkish and Qatar Airways,...
Baghdad is easy to reach from everywhere, as well-known airlines such as Air Arabia, Egypt Air, Emirates, Fly Baghdad, flydubai, Gulf Air, Iran Air, Pegasus, Royal Jordanian and British, Iraqi, Middle East, Turkish and Qatar Airways among others operate regular flights to the Iraqi capital – see Baghdad Airport.
Security situation in Iraq and Baghdad
Recently, the situation in Iraq and Baghdad has largely returned to normal. An important sign is that embassies of many countries and international companies have since long resumed their work in Baghdad.
The organizers will operate a shuttle service between the airport, the fairground and the dedicated trade show hotels – the 5star Babylon Warwick Hotel and the 4star Coral Baghdad Hotel - to ensure a maximum level of security
Trade show business returns back to normal
Also the trade show business goes back to normal as most of the international trade fairs are returning from Erbil in Kurdistan to the 8-million Iraqi capital Baghdad. Just to name a few:
- The 5th Energy Exhibition & Conference with exhibitors such as ABB, MAN and Siemens, which took place at the Baghdad International Fairground in April 2018 and was attended by the Chargé d'Affaires of the German Embassy in Iraq
- The Calendar of Specialized Exhibitions on Baghdad International Fairground 2018
- The announcement of the 45th Session of the Baghdad International Fair for 10 to 19 November 2018
Full exhibition service
- Powerful media and direct marketing campaign to address the exact target group of buyers
- Exhibitor presentation in the trade fair catalogue & the plast print pack industry portal allowing exhibitors and visitors to communicate 24/7 all year round - including matchmaking
- Preferred rates in the the 5star Babylon Warwick Hotel and the 4star Coral Baghdad Hotel
- Facilitation of the entry visa
- Freight forwarding and customs clearance
- Shuttle between airport, hotel and fairground
- Stand building, Internet, electricity, water, air conditioning
- Stand personnel to do business without worries
- Forum and company presentations to present your products
- Security services and general cleaning of the exhibition area
Baghdad International Fair Ground is by far the most important and best-known exhibition centre in Iraq. The country's most important industrial trade fairs have been held here for decades.
US$ 30 billion in reconstruction aid for Iraq
"The commitment of 30 billion US$ in reconstruction aid for Iraq at the Iraq Reconstruction Conference in February 2018 in Kuwait has been the starting signal for our trade show projects in Baghdad", says Martin März, fairtrade’s founder and managing partner.
At the conference, the donor countries showed massive support. Government representatives from over 70 countries as well as NGO’s and almost 2,000 Iraqi and foreign companies were represented. Iran, an important player in Iraq not only politically but also economically, declared in March that it would make loans available totaling 2.5 billion euro.
Iraq: GDP exceeds Algeria's. One of the three most populous countries in the Arab world. Ranks fourth globally among countries with the most natural resources.
"In preparing for our Iraq projects, we were surprised to learn, that in 2017 Iraq's GDP of 198 billion US$ exceeded Algeria's of 178 billion US$” continues Martin März." (GTAI Germany Trade & Invest). Interestingly, Iraq and Algeria, with around 40 million inhabitants, have about the same population.
Iraq is one of the three most populous countries in the Arab world, after Egypt and on an equal footing with Algeria. The country ranks fourth in the world among the countries with the most natural resources.
plastprintpack iraq 2019 - EUROMAP clearly confirms high double-digit annual growth for Iraq between 2009 and 2018
The EUROMAP-European Plastics and Rubber Machinery's country cluster clearly confirms high double-digit annual growth for Iraq between 2009 and 2018.